If you want to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume.
If you consume more calories than you burn, your body stores the excess as fat. Conversely, if you burn more calories than you consume, your body burns the fat stores, hence you lose weight, or at least slim down.
In other words, for weight loss, you eat less and exercise more.
Weight Loss And Your Metabolism
Boost your metabolic rate if you want to lose weight.
Is weight loss all about calorie counting?
How effective are low carb diets?
Actually, there’s more to it. The burning of calories depends on your metabolic rate as well. Notice how some people are so skinny and yet they eat like horses? None of the food they eat seems to stay on their bones. They seem to burn it all off. Then there are those who seem to eat very little, yet they are overweight. No matter how hard they try, they can’t shed off the excess weight.
If you eat moderately, but seem to pile on the pounds, you might want to see a doctor first to find out whether you have a medical problem. Thyroid problems can play havoc with your metabolism and hence your weight.
If there is nothing wrong with you, then there are many weight loss programs that can help you shed off the excess fat. The best of deals combine a weight loss diet with exercise. Exercise can vary from the gentle exercises to the intensive workouts.
Billy blanks Amped is an intensive workout that is highly effective.
Permanent weight loss is all about a lifestyle change. 51 Weight Loss Tips highlights some of the easy changes you could make to help you lose weight and keep the pounds off.
Top 10 weight loss tips
If you are interested in quick weight loss that is permanent, here are some tips that might just work.
10 tips to help you lose weight fast… without even realizing it.
1. Drink lots of water. Start the day with 2 glasses of water to get your system going. Drink 1 large glass of water before each meal so you’ll end up eating less. Drink water first when you’re hungry before you reach for a snack. That way, you’ll end up eating less.
2. Use the stairs instead of the lift where possible. Or at least, get off a few floors before your destination and walk the rest of the way. You’ll burn some extra calories that way.
3. Cut down on soft drinks. Better yet, drink plain water with a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of your regular sodas
4. Cut down the alcohol. Your body metabolizes alcohol the way it does fat. Heard of the beer belly?
5. Walk to work. Or at least get off a stop or two before your workplace and walk the rest of the way.
6. Fit in a daily workout. Get a pair of running shoes and go for a daily run. Get a home gym so you can workout at home after or before work, regardless the weather. Use those shoes and your home gym everyday.
7. Eat less. Have a proper breakfast, but stop snacking.
8. Record down everything you eat or drink and calculate the calories you consume each day. No cheating. Write everything down. You’d be shocked at the excessive food you might eat. A snack here, a coffee there, a couple of biscuits, the doughnuts a colleague passed around the office, a candy bar, some peanuts, another glass of soda, a beer.. it all adds up.
9. Detox. One of the signs that your body’s overloaded is excess weight. Try a detox diet of lots of water and steamed veggies and some fruit and vegetable juices. Or try a detox foot pad.
10. Offer to run errands in person. Walk in person to talk to your colleagues face to face rather than over the phone. You’d be surprised how many extra calories you’ve burnt by the end of the day.
Exercise To Lose Weight
You can’t get around exercise if you want to lose weight the healthy way.
If you seriously want to lose weight, the most effective way is to run it off while you eat moderately. Go for a 30 minute run everyday. If it rains, use a treadmill. Not only would you be in a better mood for it, you’d slim down. That is provided you don’t increase your calorie intake as well. When you eat, do what the French do. Stop when you are 80% full. If you eat until you are completely full, chances are, you’re overeating.
Another benefit of regular exercise is that exercising builds muscles, or at least tones them. Women do not have the hormones necessary to build bulky muscles. A man who works out intensely would build bulk but a woman would tone her muscles and end up with a sleeker, slimmer build.
Muscles burn more calories than fat, so once you start working out, you start a positive cycle of increasing your metabolism, so you burn more and more calories even while at rest. My personal favorite is Billy Blanks Elite